Subscribe: ITUNES | ANDROID | STITCHER | RSS FEED
In 150 episodes, I’m about to do something I’ve never done. Go uncut and unscripted.
Each episode I normally record of AADA is carefully planned and written. Then I go out and find some music to fit that episode. Then I cut out the bits where I mess up. It takes a long time.
I’ve been plotting this episode for a long time. I’ve spent a long time thinking about my 11 best things I’ve learned in the first 11 years of my career as a designer.
This episode didn’t feel like it deserved to be carefully edited. I turned on my recorder, and started talking. What you’re listening to is the result of that.
For anybody that this episode might interest, I felt they deserved to hear me being honest, and talking from the heart.
- You don’t know everything when you’re 18
- You’re not good at something when you first start it
- Side projects are probably the most important thing in your career
- Building a network of friends is really important too
- Every agency does things differently
Support Ask a Designer Anything