Subscribe: ITUNES | ANDROID | STITCHER | RSS FEED
I consider some of the most important things to think about as a designer.
- These points have been taken from Irving Younger’s fantastic YouTube video about the 10 commandments of cross-examination.
- I took them, and fashioned them for design, because amazingly a lot of them cross over.
- Be brief. Be straightforward. Use as little design as possible like Dieter Rams said.
- Use plain words. Don’t try to get too clever.
- Use only leading questions. Know what you want to communicate and communicate it.
- Be prepared. Be prepared.
- Listen. Listen.
- Do not quarrel. Sometimes quarrel. Don’t be a Yes Designer.
- The best ideas are hidden behind the average ones.
- Never stop learning.
- Don’t rely on inspiration. It makes you a weaker designer.
- Work hard and be nice to people.
Support Ask a Designer Anything