Today I talk about our period of making things, to now. The consumption age.
Subscribe: ITUNES | ANDROID | STITCHER | RSS FEED
- From about 1760 onwards, lots of people discovered the power of machinery.
- People realised that hand production wasn’t as effective as machines doing the work.
- The textiles industry realised this the most.
- This was a huge turning point in our modern history, especially in Britain.
- Financial growth beyond all expectations began.
- Standards of living continued to grow
- The period of Industrialisation began
- Then, something similar happened in the 90s.
- The internet came along, and it started to get more commercialised.
- Savvy people realised the power of the internet, the dotcom crash came and went, and now we’ve settled in.
- Now, the internet is here to stay
- And it’s brought about an age of consumption
- YouTube, Netflix, Podcasts, Websites, Blogs, Training courses
- Everything is done on the internet
- But nobody is making enough on the internet
Support Ask a Designer Anything