Today I talk about feeling uninspired and wanting to give up.
Subscribe: ITUNES | ANDROID | STITCHER | RSS FEED
- Throughout my 211 episodes, I’ve talked sporadically about inspiration and motivation
- In episode 95 I discussed the idea of inspiration, or at least how designers understand the phrase.
- I’ve spoken variously in other episodes about the idea of motivation, and how we shouldn’t wait for it or seek it before we do something.
- Discipline wins out every time when motivation isn’t there, and that’s something I ranted about in episode 183.
- Feeling uninspired happens. A couple of weeks ago I went through a period of not wanting to make my podcast. I’d got bored of the format, the things I was talking about, and how it was progressing.
- One week later, I was happy again.
- Feeling uninspired is like any other feeling: it’s fleeting. Just ride it out with a bit of discipline and just get to work.
Support Ask a Designer Anything