I’ve thought about this for years, and today I share why I think Amazon’s website is ugly.
Subscribe: ITUNES | ANDROID | STITCHER | RSS FEED
- Amazon made $136 billion last year
- But they have a terrible website
- It’s liquid, not responsive
- It looks old fashioned
- It’s getting better, but really slowly
- But why is it ugly?
- Fear of change
- Function over form
- People are used to it
- They make a lot of money…
- They try stuff in the US first usually then roll out to UK
- Most importantly it works, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it
Support Ask a Designer Anything