Yes you’re making a podcast or a blog. But WHY are you doing it and what do you want to achieve?
Subscribe: ITUNES | ANDROID | STITCHER | RSS FEED
- I listened to a great episode of Cliff Ravencraft’s podcast the other day where he spoke about making a podcast
- He said a lot of people that come to him have got it the wrong way around
- They made a podcast, but didn’t do it for a reason
- There was nothing for a listener to then jump off to afterwards
- This is fine for for-fun podcasts, but what about the marketing ones?
- Why are you doing your content marketing? What are you ultimately trying to market?
My personal reasons for doing a podcast
- You all know: I started my podcast in January as a challenge and “marketing experiment”
- I didn’t have anything to sell though
- I enjoy it and that’s one of the most important things
- A new goal of mine is to freely share everything I learn
- It helps me build an audience – 1000 Fans by Kevin Kelly
Let’s flip the question around
- But let me turn the question to you: why are YOU doing these things?
- Or why are you NOT doing?
- A reason is important
- For years, I didn’t have a reason, so I didn’t do it
- Now I want to share, I have a reason
Support Ask a Designer Anything